Office of Academics
This section will be used to post Professional Development (PD) Opportunities. Please adhere to Professional Development Policy and Regulation 3240.
Policy and Regulation Notes:
- Requests for participation in professional development activities must be submitted in writing to the Superintendent or designee (i.e., Principal/Supervisor) for approval to include:
- The date, time, and place of the meeting
- The name and address of the sponsoring organization
- The purpose of the meeting and its anticipated value to the school or district
- Submit PD Flyer or Event Announcement with written request
- Board of Education must approve all travel expenditures
- Professional Development attendees must submit a written report of the PD activity to the Chief Academic Officer within 10 days of PD event to include:
- Primary purpose of PD activity; Meeting content
- Key issues addressed at the PD event; staff member's critique and recommendation for future attendance
- Relevance to improving instruction or operations of the school district
Each PD participant must complete the four part NCR/Carbon transfer Professional Trip Request Form and provide a justification of needs prior to attending the professional development activity. What follows is a sample Justification Form, and a blank Justification Form in Word document format.
Please remember to draft and submit a written report to included the content mentioned in the three (3) bulleted items above.
Professional Development (PD) Opportunities: Common Resources and PD Opportunities